Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fishing Log pages just added to the site...

I just added Fishing Log pages that we can print off and use to keep records of our fishing trips.

I have found that keeping logs of my fishing trips has helped me in the following years because I can look up the time of the year and see the fishing trips that had similar conditions to what the day is that I am going fishing. This gives me a head start on what worked and what didn't work in the previous years.

It also helps me to pattern the bass on a lake. I can look back and see when the bass moved away from the banks after spawning, spots they moved too and how deep they were. When the Carolina Rig was the most effective, when the jerk baits or the jigs were the best baits.

In the winter time, the bass congregate in "wintering holes". There can be 100 bass in a spot not much bigger than your bass boat. You will find the bass each year in about the same place. So, if you have a GPS unit and mark the waypoint, next year you will already know where to start looking for the bass.

Dean and I went fishing with Chuck Justice on February 20th a few years ago. We caught so many bass that I was ready to go home after 8 hours of fishing. We caught bass from a pound up to bass that weighed more than 6 pounds all day long. You never know what size bass you might catch when they are in their wintering holes.

Let me know if you have any suggestions on the Fishing Log pages or anything else as this is "our" fishing web site. I designed it in hopes of making all of us better anglers.

Greg

No comments: