Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finally, a beautiful day...

Finally, after what seems like weeks of rain, we finally have a pretty day. But, of course, it is a blue bird sky day with not a cloud in sight. This makes fishing tough, especially in lakes that has clear water where the Bass can see very well.

The Bass should be finished with spawning now and the big females should be ready to eat. The bad thing about post spawn fishing is that the Bass are probably going to be scattered all over the lake.

I am planning on going fishing on Sunday and Monday if nothing comes up.

With the price of gas going up, most of us are going to have to start fishing lakes closer to home. I usually fish McGee Creek and Lake Fork several times a year, but I don't think I will fish them this year. I might go fish McGee Creek with Chuck Justice once or twice, but I am going to concentrate my fishing on lakes around Tulsa.

Since the fishing will be changing frequently during the next month or so, I will have to start fishing logs on the lakes that I fish this year so that I will have a good idea of how and what to fish next year.

If you keep a fishing log when you go fishing, you can look at it next year to give you a better understanding of how to fish and with what lures to use.

I will do a fishing log page that you can print off for each day you go fishing. I just put them in a 3 ring binder, divided by lakes.

I have created a message board for putting tips and tricks that you have learned during your fishing endeavor. I will move them over to a page that we will call "Tips and Tricks". This way we will be able to see all the tips and tricks on one page.

Greg

No comments: