Friday, July 13, 2007

Got to go fishing on Wednesday...

I did get to go fishing on Wednesday. The water still had a clarity of about 3' and the wind was blowing out of the East at about 15 miles per hour. It was partly cloudy with more sun than clouds. The surface water temp was 82 degrees. The thermocline was still at 25'. I anchored out in 3 different places and was able to catch 4 Bass in these areas. Then I saw several schools of 2 pound bass chasing shad in different areas of the lake. I threw a weightless fluke into these schools and was able to catch over 10 of these schooling Bass. It was a great day with good action. I had a blast catching the schooling Bass.

I came in about 2pm and got a lot of sun. I forgot my sunscreen and my forearms and part of my face was red when I got home.

It was wet when I got up on Thursday and there is an 80% chance of rain for Friday. They are saying that there is a 20% chance of rain on Saturday and Monday with a 30% chance of rain on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday of next week. Maybe we can get in a week without any rain to dry up some of the land around here. A week without rain would help clear up some of the lakes and help to get the lakes pool levels back down to normal.

No comments: