Saturday, July 14, 2007

Fishing on Saturday...

I went fishing Saturday morning and got home around 5pm. The bass were still chasing shad in the middle of the lake, so I caught several bass while throwing a fluke. I caught several bass on a Gene Larew Hoo Daddy Jr. fished texas rigged style. I did catch 2 bass on the Strike King Red Eye Shad lipless crankbait. This bait has a realistic wiggle to it. When I dropped it beside the boat to watch it, it wiggled back and forth as it fell, unlike other lipless crankbaits that fall on it's side one way or the other. The ½ ounce Red Eye Shad is a new bait that I have put in my arsenal.

I saw several small bass, about 8" to 10" long that were in the weed beds near the shoreline. Most of the bass that I caught that were not schooling bass were in 8' to 12' of water on a point dropping into 20' to 25' of water. One of these spots was a point that had a creek channel that swung in close to the point. The bass were sitting right on the rim of the creek channel.

The surface temp in the afternoon was 92 degrees on the West side of the lake with very little wind blowing. When there was a slight breeze it was out of the South or East. The water clarity was about 3'. It was mostly cloudy with the sun coming out at times. I would guess it was 65% cloudy and 35% sunny today while I was fishing.

No comments: