Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hot day with schooling bass...

I was at the lake before sunrise and got situated before most of the boats got on the lake. It was comfortable this morning but got down right HOT before I left.

The bass were still schooling in the middle of the lake but you couldn't buy a bite on anything else. I threw everything but the kitchen sink before I gave up. I gridded the area and the Bass were exactly where I thought they would be. They were just inactive or in a neutral or negative mood today. I could have pulled up anchor and went after the schooling bass, but I was hoping to catch a fairly good size bass today.

I talked to another man that put in right after I did this morning and he hadn't had a bite all day either.

I have a couple of projects that I have to devote time to for the next couple of weeks, so I am not sure when I will get back out on the lake. With the weather the way it has been, I really think I want to wait until we have some changes in the weather to cause the Bass to start feeding. Seems that no one is consistantly catching Bass at this time on any of the lakes.

No comments: