Thursday, August 2, 2007

August 2nd, 2007

I just put out the Oklahoma Bass Fishing's August Newsletter a bit ago.

This month's photos on the front page are Steve Campbell and Jimmy Everett with 2 nice bass.

I have been testing a totally new innovative lure that I have been really impressed with. This lure is weedless and I have been fishing it in thick cover that I usually get jigs hung up in and have to break off. I have yet to lose one of these lures. Just the savings in lost lures makes this lure well worth the money. The only way that I can see to lose one of these lures is for the knot to break or for the line to break where it is damaged from contact with rocks and thick cover. I always retie after I catch a bass and check my line for frays constantly. I will be doing a Product Test Report on this lure around the middle of August. Be sure and check back to see the newest lure I have put in my arsenal of lures I fish with. Every time in July that I went fishing, I had one of these lures tied on to a rod and I used the lure quite a bit that day. There are just so many different ways you can fish this lure. It is one of the most versatile lures I have ever used. I have used it as a topwater lure, as a slowly sinking lure, as a Texas rig with a bullet weight in front of it, as a Carolina rig, etc. I am more excited about this one lure than I have been about any lure in the last few years. It is something that the bass have not seen before and you can work it in areas that you have never been able to fish before.

I have also been testing a new buzzbait design that I am really happy with. This design goes through the grass better than any buzzbait or spinnerbait I have ever used. I will be doing a Product Test Report on it the first of September.

With us not getting a lot of rain in the month of July, most of the Oklahoma Lakes are starting to recede but they are still above normal pool. The lake that I have been fishing has about gotten back to normal clarity for this time of year.

Most of the fish that I caught in July were in 12' to 20' of water. With the surface temperature being around 90 degrees or above, the bass have moved deeper into the cooler water.

Be sure and register for the new Oklahoma Bass Fishing's New Forums and post a little about you in the Member Introductions and tell us about your fishing trips and what was successful for you.

Be sure and print off your fishing log pages and start keeping a log of your fishing trips. You will find these logs beneficial in the years to come when you go fishing. You can look back and see what worked giving you a place to start so that you are successful on your fishing trips.

No comments: